Imagine you are Elsie Clinch. Write a letter of complaint to the tour company.

In your letter, you should:
  • Describe the tour bus and the route
  • Give impressions of the driver and the office staff
  • Recommend some actions the company should take to improve the experience.
Base your letter on what you have read in passage A. Address all three bullet points. Be careful to use your own words.

Dear Madam,
                     I was recently a passanger on one of your tour and I'm really disguted with the result. When I decided to go on a trip with your company I was encaptured with what you had promised. I went full of expectations but they were not accomplished
   To start with, the bus was not up to the level for a "premium company" as it was

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mio Cid y Martín Fierro

Mi Cuarta Septicemia en profundidad

Martín Fierro